Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
June 06, 2011"There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who understand Palin and those who pretend they don't."
– Rush Limbaugh
June 03, 2011"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
– Sarah Palin, visiting Boston's Old North Church, on Paul Revere
June 03, 2011"There is a controversy among scientists about whether evolution is a fact...hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel prizes, believe in intelligent design."
– Michele Bachmann"Forty-three Nobel Laureate scientists have endorsed our effort to repeal Louisiana's creationism law...Congresswoman Bachmann, you claim that Nobel Laureates support creationism. Show me your hand. If you want to be taken seriously by voters while you run for President, back up your claims with facts. Can you match 43 Nobel Laureates, or do you fold?"
– Baton Rouge high school student Zach Kopplin
June 02, 2011"I've never been good with numbers, but when I was on crack I could do math really, really well. I became a f***ing whiz at calculus. But I also became kind of psychotic, unfortunately."
– Courtney Love
June 01, 2011"It's not a publicity-seeking tour."
– Sarah Palin, interviewed by Fox News aboard her 'One Nation' bus
May 31, 2011"I'm not running for comedian-in-chief or entertainer-in-chief. I am not going to light my hair on fire and shoot sparks up my ears or whatever."
– Tim Pawlenty
May 29, 2011"It was a good program, it was a legal program, it was not torture."
– Dick Cheney on waterboarding
May 27, 2011"I worship the ground that Paul Ryan walks on."
– Dick Cheney
May 25, 2011"Knowing how Washington works isn't necessarily an advantage. As a businessman going in, I don't want to know how Washington works. I want to change Washington, D.C. and so by not knowing how it is supposed to work I can ask tough questions that will help change the culture."
– Herman Cain, on running for president
May 25, 2011"The literati sent out their minions to do their bidding...A lesser person could not have survived the first few minutes of the onslaught. But out of the billowing smoke and dust of tweets and trivia emerged Gingrich, once again ready to lead those who won't be intimidated by the political elite."
– Gingrich press secretary Rick Tyler, on media criticism of the former House Speaker