Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
March 21, 2011"I dealt with Gaddafi. I rented him a piece of land. He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for two years, and then I didn't let him use the land. That's what we should be doing. I don't want to use the word 'screwed,' but I screwed him."
– Donald Trump
March 20, 2011"We are waiting for you and so are the fishes."
– sign held by pro-Qaddafi demonstrator in Tripoli
March 18, 2011"It looks like to me if shooting these immigrating feral hogs [from helicopters] works maybe we have found a [solution] to our illegal immigration problem."
– Kansas State Rep. Virgil Peck"I was just speaking like a southeast Kansas person."
– Peck, defending his remarks
March 17, 2011"Part of the beauty of me is that I'm very rich."
– Donald Trump
March 15, 2011"This has to be a tough call for the environmentalists around the world. They're scrambling now to blame this on global warming...Much of the damage seems to have happened in that part of Japan most heavily involved in manufacturing cars. So do environmentalists cheer or do they pretend to be saddened by this? It's a legitimate question."
– Rush Limbaugh
March 12, 2011"What I love about New Hampshire and what we have in common is our extreme love of liberty. You're the state where the shot was heard around the world in Lexington and Concord."
– Michele Bachmann
March 11, 2011"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."
– Newt Gingrich, on his multiple affairs and marriages
March 10, 2011"Frankly, my toilets don't work in my house, and I blame you and people like you who want to tell me what I can install in my house...I've been waiting 20 years to talk about how bad these toilets are...I can't buy a toilet that works."
– Sen. Rand Paul complaining to Dept. of Energy's Kathleen Hogan about regulation of consumer items, at a senate committee hearing"I can help you find a toilet that works."
– Hogan"I'm sorry about your toilet."
– committee chairman Jeff Bingaman
March 09, 2011"Flying a little bigger plane than normal. You gonna launch some attacks in Libya or something?"
– General David Petraeus to Defense Secretary Robert Gates, at the airport in Kabul"Heh-heh, yeah. Exactly."
– Secretary Gates
March 08, 2011"Freedom of expression is the right of every natural person, even if a person chooses to behave irrationally to express his or her insanity."
– from Muammar Gaddafi's The Green Book